Skip to content
What you did or learnt, session 6 (Apps!)
Blog exercise A
- Saved a photo (the parrot) from your email to your course flash drive and your Google Drive.
- Moved the photo to the ‘images’ Drive folder.
- Posted the photo on this course blog.
Google sheets exercise
- Dragged a csv format data file (London JSA claimants 2014) to the ‘data’ Drive folder.
- Opened the data file in Google Sheets, and continued the exercise as a spreadsheet taster
- Added column headings and new columns to the spreadsheet.
- Created formulae for total number and percentage of JSA claimants in each London borough.
- Sorted the spreadsheet on population % (lowest to highest).
- Created a column chart to help visualise the data.
- Edited the chart to improve presentation.
- Downloaded the spreadsheet to your course flash drive in MS Excel format.
- Shared the spreadsheet with everyone else with a bold.org.uk account.
- Used Google Docs to embed the chart in a document (this is where we discovered one of the limitations of the Google Apps).
Blog exercise B
- Made a blog post about what you did or learnt during the session.
- Course flash drives.
- Google Apps for Work Drive, Email, Docs and Sheets (bold.org.uk custom version).
- WordPress blog (this one).