Skip to content
What you did or learnt, session 8 (Apps!)
Google sheets exercise 3
- Saved a CSV format data file (Corporate volunteers by month) from your email to the ‘data’ Drive folder.
- Opened the data file in Google Sheets.
- Changed the display format of the ‘Month’ column.
- Edited the appearance of the colum headings.
- Used a function to sum the total number of volunteers since April 2014.
- Created a bar chart of volunteer count against month.
- Edited the chart to optimise online display.
- Shared the chart with everyone in the Bold social enterprise (view option only).
- Created a snapshot image of the chart.
- Saved the image to the ‘images’ Drive folder, and to your course flash drive.
Blog exercise A
- Made a blog post about what you just did.
- Inserted the snapshot image below the blog text
- Added an image caption, ‘alt text’ and ‘screen reader description’.
- Completed your course evaluation in an online form (responses saved automatically in a spreadsheet).
Blog exercise B
- Made a final blog post about the course as a whole.
- Course flash drives.
- Google Apps for Work Drive, Email, Docs, Forms and Sheets (bold.org.uk custom version).
- WordPress blog (this one).