Skip to content
What you did or learnt, session 4 (Email for the workplace 1)
Label, filter, archive
- Looked at your course email using the ‘Thunderbird’ email client Installed on your flash drive.
- Subscribed to the Hackney Community and Voluntary Services (HCVS) email newsletter.
- Using the webmail client (ie- using a web browser to access your email), confirmed your subscription.
- Added the newsletter to your contacts list.
- Created a label for your HCVS newsletters.
- Created a filter to handle HCVS newsletters (the filter will assign incoming newsletters to the new label).
- Archived HCVS email that you had already read.
- Checked your email again using Thunderbird to see how the Thunderbird view had synchronised with the webmail view.
- Used an email app on an Android tablet to see how the tablet view had also synchronised.
Blog by email
- Sent an email to the course blog to explain what you had just done.
- Final blog post by email.
- Course flash drives.
- Google Apps for Work Email (bold.org.uk custom version).
- Portable Thunderbird email client on flash drive.
- Android tablets.
- WordPress blog (this one).