Skip to content
What you did or learnt, session 4 (Web search for the workplace)
Applied web search
- Learnt about search engines that are not Google (eg- Bing, DuckDuckGo).
- How to use Google search options and tools.
- How to find images labelled with non-commercial usage rights.
- Searched for and saved up to three images with specified properties:
- Colour photograph of a shop front in Hackney
- Labelled for non-commercial use with modification
- Larger than 400 x 300 pixels.
- Blogged what you did.
Researching suppliers of refurbished computers
- Learnt more about specifications of new and refurbished computers, especially screen size and shape.
- Completed an exercise based on current laptop reviews in Which! magazine.
- Used a spreadsheet formula (in your personal sheet of the team cloud workbook) to estimate the working height of screens if the diagonal size and aspect ratio is known.
- Made a blog post about what you did or learnt.
- G Suite Drive (bold.org.uk custom version).
- WordPress blog (this one).
- Course flash drives.