Help and support for Hackney residents aged 50 to 150, not retired, still in the job market
Employability Club is a free resource for Hackney residents, aged 50 and over, who have not retired. We organise training and drop-in sessions every week, with an emphasis on basic skills and awareness for employment and self-employment. Please join us if …
- You are still in paid employment, full or part-time
- You are surviving on Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance, Carers’ Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, or other working-age benefit
- You are trying to avoid sanctions
- You are a job seeker who receives no benefits
- You have reached State Pension age, but have decided to continue job search because you really don’t want to retire
- You are, or would like to be, self-employed.
If you fit into any of those broad categories, we have something for you. If you are not sure, please come and talk to us about it.
Employability Club will help you keep in touch with changing expectations and skills in the workplace, every Thursday and Friday afternoon, plus short courses on Friday morning.
We can help you with job search, making CVs, covering letters and similar documents, application forms, help with interview techniques, short courses and workshops focussing on up-to-date digital awareness and workplace practices.
It’s easy to join Employability Club. Unlike other employability projects, you do not have to be referred by a job centre or the DWP. Refer yourself — all you have to do is turn up at Whitmore Community Centre, any Thursday or Friday afternoon. No formalities — just come.
- Download or print this information: Our online information flyer.
- Find it now: Whitmore Community Centre — address and map
This page was updated: 13 August 2017