The next Friday morning course is now full.
The course has ended after 8 very successful sessions.
Thank you learners. Thank you volunteers 🙂
The next Friday morning course will be ‘Email for the workplace’, starting 16 September.
What you did or learnt, session 7 (Apps!)
Google sheets exercise 1
You edited a spreadsheet (in Google Sheets) to simulate making a simplified business decision.
Your mission was
You have been given responsibility for organising a computer course for clients who can afford to pay for it. Given real data about training room hire and other costs – how much would you charge individual clients
- To break even?
- To make a profit of £1000?
- To ensure that clients would not have to pay more than £150 for the course?
The mission was successful.
Google sheets exercise 2
- Used a shared Google Sheet to record your attendance at these classes.
- Made a blog post about what you did or learnt during the session.
- Course flash drives.
- Google Apps for Work Drive, Email and Sheets (bold.org.uk custom version).
- WordPress blog (this one).
This part of the website blog was for user-generated content. Course learners could log in and post their own messages and photos — and could comment on blog posts made by others. Learning how to do that was part of their coursework.