Special workshops for unemployed BAME women aged 50+
Three workshops …
- Organised by Hackney CVS Create Your Future
- Hosted at Hackney Employability Club Friday morning sessions, Whitmore Community Centre
- Delivered by professional tutors from the WEA
- Dates and times: Friday mornings (10 am to 1 pm) — 18 August, 25 August, 8 September
The workshops are ‘tasters’ in the sense that all of them are introductions to more advanced free courses, for which you are probably eligible. The later courses will not be delivered directly by Hackney Employability Club – this is something completely different, a new experience, offering a progression route to greater employability (and in some cases work placements).
To join the workshops, you must be receiving benefits — but the definition of benefits is broad. It includes nearly all benefits that you can think of — including Working Tax Credit, and dependency on a partner who receives benefits. If you are unsure about your benefits status, please contact us.
1. First Steps into Employment
- Date & time: Friday 18 August, 10 am to 1 pm.
- “This workshop encourages and motivates women who are entering the world of work for the first time, returning to work after a break, or changing career”
- WEA Tutor: Biljana Cacic
- Venue: Whitmore Community Centre, 2-4 Phillipp St, N1 5NU
2. Recognise Your Potential
- Friday 25 August, 10 am to 1 pm.
- “Boost confidence and realise that personal skills and qualities count”
3. Community Interpreting
- Friday 8 September, 10 am to 1 pm.
- “For students who speak another language and are interested in becoming an interpreter in the community”
How to get on the workshops, or ask questions
Please contact Maxine Collins
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 020 7923 1962
This page was updated: 14 August 2017